Halloween is coming soon!
The best part of Halloween is “Trick or Treat” and a costume party!
But just putting out store-bought bowls of candy, cookie and chocolate is not exciting.
So, why don’t you make creative spooky treats by yourself at home?
If you’re worried about the treats being too complicated to make or not having a lot of experience baking, don’t be!
Because I’m going to share two Halloween sweets recipes that is easy enough to make with your kids!
The first one is pumpkin cookies and the other one is ghost popcorn.
Make your Halloween ghoulishly exciting with your creepy and spooky, but super cute sweets that will delight kids and inner children in you!!!
1. Pumpkin Cookies (20 pieces)
・600g pumpkin with skin (1 cup pumpkin puree)
・2 cups flour (260 to 280g)
・1 teaspoon baking powder
・1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
・1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
・100g brown sugar
・110g butter, softened
・1 teaspoon vanilla extract
・(optional) 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
＊The skin is going to be used as the stems of the pumpkin shaped cookies, so do not cut it thinly.
3mm thickness is preferable.
2. Steam or bake the pumpkin to make it tender, then blend well in the medium bowl to make pumpkin puree. Set aside.
＊If the pumpkin puree is far more watery, you can add flour up to 280g.
＊You can add nutmeg in the mixture if you like.
5. Preheat the oven to 180℃.
6. Divide the dough into 20 equal pieces and roll lightly to form balls. (about 4cm wide)
＊If the dough is wet and sticking to your hands, you can flour your hands.
7. Using a wooden skewer to score the dough.
＊ I prefer making 5 lines.
8. Place the pumpkin skin in the middle of the top.
9. Bake the dough in a oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
10. Let the cookies cool completely. Using a wooden skewer and melted chocolate, draw face on the cookies.
2. Ghost Popcorn (8 to 10 ghosts)
・6 cups popped popcorn
・200g white chocolate
・Candy eye balls
1. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter and marshmallows. Stir regularly until smooth.
Pour the melted marshmallow over the popcorn. Stir quickly with a spatula until the popcorn is thoroughly coated.
3. Form the popcorn into small ghost shapes with your hands. Set aside.
＊If the popcorn is sticking to your hands, you can butter your hands.
4. Melt white chocolate in a double boiler. Dip the top of the shaped popcorn into the melted white chocolate.
5. Place the candy eye balls to each ghost before the chocolate gets dry and hard.
- If you will be serving these sweets the next day, store them in 4evaeco airtight food container to keep the moisture out.
Hope you like and enjoy these recipes!